D.O. 19, s. 2017
Guidelines on the implementation of the Senior High School Voucher Program.
RA 10533 Enhanced Basic Education Act of 2013
- Lengthens Philippine basic education from 10 yrs. to 13 yrs. with the addition of Kindergarten and Grades 11 to 12 in Senior High School (SHS)
- Provides financial assistance to qualified Grade 10 completers pursuing SHS.
Delineation of Rules
Department of Education (DepEd)
Institutional Owner and regulator of the SHS VP.
Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC)
Contracted by the DepEd to administer the SHS VP.
What is a SHS VP?
A subsidy given by the state to qualified Grade 10 completers to enable them to enroll in a non-DepEd SHS of their choice. The assistance helps to defray the cost of tuition and all other published fees charged by a non-DepEd SHS. The subsidy is not given to the student as cash; DepEd instead pays directly to the non-DepEd SHS where the student enrolls.
Qualified Vouchers Recipients
- Automatic Qualified Students
- Category A : All Grade 10 Completers in Public JHSs
- Category B : All Grade 10 Completers in SUCs and LUCs
- Category C : All Grade 10 Completers in Private Schools that are Educational Service Contracting (ESC) grantees
- Successful Voucher Applicants(VAs)
- Category D : All Grade 10 Completers in Private Schools who are not ESC grantees and wish to avail of voucher subsidy in order to enroll in a non-DepEd SHS.